Terms and Conditions of Rental
- Booking should be provisionally booked by telephone 07989 277218.
- A booking is only effected by the owners receiving a completed booking form together with the appropriate deposit.
- A £200 per week, non refundable deposit is payable on booking.
- (i) The balance of the total cost of the cottage rental is due 8 weeks before the rental commencement date. If fully payment is not received by this time then the reservation will be cancelled.
- (ii) If the booking is subsequently cancelled in accordance with Clause 3, the balance will become immediately due and payable or, if already paid, will not be refundable unless at least 8 weeks notice is given of cancellation, or the proprietors are able to re-let the whole of the period booked. If the proprietors are able to re-let the period booked then the refund of the balance will be subject to a deduction of administration costs in connection with the re-let determinable by the proprietors in their absolute discretion.
- Cancellation by the client after booking must be in writing and sent to the owners.
- If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday then full rent and any additional charges must be paid at the time of the booking. Cheques will not be accepted less than 2 weeks before the commencement of the holiday and cash must be paid by registered post to the owners.
- Rentals are for holiday use only, the property cannot be sub let or used for business purposes. Rentals are from Friday to Friday and commence from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure.
- The person booking the cottage and completing the booking form agrees to the terms and conditions on behalf of all persons specified on the booking form and agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the cottage. The client agrees to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition, and to pay for all breakages, losses, damage, and items missing from the cottage. An excess cleaning charge may be applied.
- Client's baggage, vehicles and their contents are at owner's risk at all times and the proprietors do not accept any liability for accidents and injuries incurred during the client's occupation of the premises. Children must be supervised and extra care taken in the garden due to the raised garden and steps. We accept no liability for any accidents or injuries caused.
- Smoking within the cottage is not permitted and if you smoke in the garden you must safely and cleanly dispose of extinguished cigarette ends ( not in the garden please).
- Dogs may be allowed only by prior arrangement. They are not permitted in the bedrooms or on furniture and must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. Clients must supply their own bowl and bedding. Dogs must be kept under control at all times, they must not cause a nuisance to the neighbours and must be exercised off the premises. Please do not let your dog foul in the garden, and please wipe them down when they come in off the beach. A pet surcharge of £20 per dog per week will be added to cover the cost of additional cleaning and wear and tear.
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse acceptance or to terminate the rental of any person or persons whose conduct is unreasonable, we ask you to behave appropriately, not to cause a nuisance or be excessively noisy in the cottage, its grounds or vicinity, not to cause offence or disturb local residents and neighbours. If there is a breach of the contract we have the right to gain entry to the cottage and ask the guest and their party to leave.
- Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons, as stated on the website, occupy the cottage except by prior written agreement of the proprietors. Only those specified on the booking form can occupy the cottage and their nationality, ages and address must be supplied.
- If for any reason beyond the owners control the property is not available ( fire/ flood/ loss of utilities etc) all rent and charges paid in advance will be refunded in full.
- As a condition of you booking, you warrant and undertake:
(a) that all information provided to us, including without limitation all occupant details, is true and accurate in all respects;
(b) to leave the property, its contents and facilities in the same state of repair and condition upon vacation as they were at the start of the hire period;
(c) to pay, at reasonable cost, for all repair and replacements of items rendered beyond repair required as a result of your occupation of the property;
(d) to act promptly and reasonably in respect of any problems arising at the property and to bring these to the attention of the proprietors as soon as reasonably possible;
(e) not to use the property for any non-residential purpose without the express prior consent of the proprietors;
(f) to take all reasonable safety and security measures at the property during the hire period, including without limitation all reasonable precautions to avoid the risk of fire;
(g) not to engage in anti-social behaviour and/or criminal activity and to respect other local residents and the locality; and
(h) to comply with the specific requirements of the property, including but not limited to, the maximum permitted occupancy and any prohibition on pets, as detailed in our brochure or website or otherwise notified to you by the proprietors.
- Without prejudice to any legal rights and/or remedies, the proprietors reserve the right to evict any or all occupants of the property at any time where we deem this reasonably necessary as a result of a breach of any of the provisions of condition 16.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking in our sole discretion and in particular but without limitation to any booking for use by large single sex groups such as hen or stag parties.
- The proprietors will not have any liability whatsoever for any loss and/or damage to personal property, save where such loss and/or damage arises as a result of negligence or wilful default on our part and/or on the part of the proprietors.
- As a condition of your booking you agree and acknowledge that all and any personal data you provide to us, whether relating to your or to any other member of your party and whether on the booking form or otherwise, may be forwarded to the proprietors.
- In the unlikely event of a problem arising during the hire period, you must let us know as soon as possible in order to give us an adequate opportunity to address the complaint. If a problem arises outside of normal business hours, we ask that you telephone us on: 07989 277218 and leave a message, setting out the details of the problem and a contact telephone number. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days following the end of the hire period.
- Whilst the proprietors will do what is reasonably practicable to try and rectify any mechanical or electrical problem once we have been made aware of it in accordance with condition 21, no refunds will be given and neither the proprietors nor the property Owner will have any liability whatsoever in respect of mechanical or electrical failures.
- Nothing in these conditions will limit or exclude any liability for death and/or personal injury caused by negligence or for any other matter in respect of which it would be illegal or unlawful to do so.
PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES PAYABLE TO: K.L Bennett
Wellbourne, Cuddaston, Oxford OX44 9GH, UK
telephone - 07989 277218